How to Make The Most Amazing Eggplant Lasagna | The Stay At Home Chef
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 194 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 683mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 11g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1 (24 ounce) jar sugar-free marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch think lengthwise (like a lasagna noodle)
- 1/4 cup low fat grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 9X13 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray. Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onion, mushroom, and salt. Saute until onions are soft and begin to brown. Mushrooms will begin to release water—continue to cook until the water is evaporated. Add the garlic and spinach, cook until wilted. Remove from heat and cook.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, cottage cheese, egg, oregano, basil, and pepper. Combine well.
- In the casserole dish, arrange a single layer of eggplant on top of the sauce. Top with 1/4 cup of the cheese mix followed but 1/4 cup of the cooked vegetables. Repeat until all ingredients have been used; ending with a layer of egg plant on top. Pour remaining marinara on top and spread evenly, Finally, top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover with foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake 20 minutes until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook an additional 10 minutes until cheese is lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
Video: Beth's Eggplant Lasagna Recipe| ENTERTAINING WITH BETH
8 Tips and Tricks to Help You Style Your Instagram Photos Like aBlogger
How to Have a Successful Teenage Life
Yoga poses to get rid of back pain
Why women craving for sugar
Giuliana Rancic Reveals She Has Breast Cancer
How to Deal When You Have a Chemical Imbalance
I Just Made A Great Birthday Cake For Kids With Allergies
How to Write a Consulting Contract
Hip Exercises to Do at Work
How to get rid of dark underarms and lighten the dark armpits
7 Tips for Coping With Embarrassing Crohn’s Symptoms