WHAT TO AND WHAT NOT TO WEAR TO A CONCERT
How to Look Good at a Concert
Concerts are a great way to enjoy live music from your favorite artists with your friends. A lot of time can be spent preparing for a concert and many people want to look good at the concert from start to finish. There are plenty of tips and tricks to keep you looking fresh while you dance the night away surrounded by friends. If you know the right things to wear, you will have no problem managing your look the entire night while staying comfortable and having fun.
Embracing Your Personal Style
Applying special occasion makeup.A concert is a great time to break out your makeup and go for a look that is more dramatic than usual. It’s a special occasion and you will want your makeup to both accentuate and add intensity to your features. There are thousands of makeup tutorials available to view on YouTube if you are unsure of what to do or want to mimic a certain look. Simply search for “makeup tutorial” and thousands of results will be at your fingertips.
- Apply makeup that will be impervious to sweat. When it comes to hot and sweaty concerts, the best choice for applying makeup is to ditch the liquid foundations and makeup and use powder. If you do use a liquid foundation, use a translucent powder over the top when you are finished applying it to set the makeup. This will prevent it from rubbing off when you start sweating.
- Opt for a matte lipstick for a concert. You don’t want to sweat off your lipstick while you’re there. There are plenty of long-lasting matte formulas that will help keep your lipstick intact the entire night. Kat Von D’s line of liquid lipstick is a great example of a high-quality, long-lasting formula.
Dress creatively.Attending a concert is the perfect excuse to dress to impress. Since music is all about creative expression, you should also feel free to express yourself through your wardrobe choices. When deciding what you should wear, remember to be true to yourself and wear whatever you want.
- For a rock concert, you will want a look that is cool and doesn’t look like you are trying too hard. Dark colors will blend in well with the crowd. A leather jacket, some distressed jeans, and combat boots are the perfect way to achieve this!
- For a pop concert, think bold yet cute. Wear a dress that is an eye-popping color, such as red, paired with some stylish black heels or flats, and a chunky necklace. Bright colors are great for flashy pop concerts.
- For a country concert, wear something that is classic country with a contemporary twist. Try a denim skirt or jeans, a top that has some sort of embellishment, such as a fringe or rhinestones, and a pair of snakeskin booties.
- If you’re attending a hip hop concert, something laid back and athletic will do just the trick. Many hip hop artists and their followers are into sportswear, so tennis shoes and workout clothes are all the rage. Wear your favorite pair of sneakers with some fitted sweatpants, and a bomber jacket overtop a tank top or t-shirt. You could even wear your favorite pair of workout leggings.
Use your accessories.Play up your outfit by adding accessories. You can do this by adding a chunky necklace, a pair of earrings you adore, or a funky bracelet--or even all three! You will also want to pick out a good purse or bag for a concert. Use a crossbody purse so that you don’t have to worry about carrying your purse around and dropping or losing it along the way. A concert isn’t a time to be shy--get creative and show off your style.
- Choose a hair accessory to accentuate your outfit, such as colorful clips, a headband, or barrettes. A hat may also be a good choice to show off your personal style and give your outfit some flair.
Going to an Indoor Concert
Wear layers.It is difficult to predict if the venue will be too warm or too cold, though you can usually bet on it being hot if it’s going to be a huge, crowded concert. To keep warm on your way to and from the concert during colder months, wear layers, such as a t-shirt with a bomber jacket over it. The bomber jacket is lightweight but will keep you warm if you need it. It can also be easily tied around your waist if you choose to ditch it in the middle of the concert.
- If you are attending a more subdued concert, it may be cooler inside the venue than you may expect. Wear either a lightweight jacket or a thick sweater over a shirt to ensure you stay warm during the concert, if you need to.
- Attending a concert is a great excuse to break out one of your favorite band t-shirts.
Choose comfortable, closed-toe shoes.Lively concerts will often have everyone dancing and even moshing. Protect your feet and toes by wearing a pair of sturdy, yet stylish boots. If attending a rock or pop concert, try a pair of combat boots, which are stylish while still being heavy duty enough to protect your feet and keep them warm, if necessary. If you are attending a country concert, you can simply wear your favorite pair of cowboy boots. A concert in which everyone will be seated for the majority of the time will not necessarily require you to wear closed-toe shoes.
Apply sweat-proof makeup.You will want to incorporate powder into your makeup routine to stay looking fresh throughout the concert. Stay away from liquid and glossy products, as they will fade quickly as you sweat and could even smear. Finish off your look with a translucent setting powder to ensure that your makeup stays and does not rub off as you sweat. Keep the powder with you in your bag so that you can touch up as needed.
- Opt for a powder foundation, such as Bare Minerals, to ward off shine throughout the concert.
Attending an Outdoor Concert
Style your hair with a hat.Fall and winter concerts are a great reason to break out your winter hats and beanies that have been stored away since the summer! Beanies look great for colder weather and will keep you warm throughout the concert. They will look good with your hair down, short hair, or styled into a long braid or two. Wearing a hat can also save you time styling your hair if you choose to use the hat as your main accessory. It can either accentuate or distract from your hair, depending on how you style it (or don’t).
Fix your hair in a bun or ponytail in hot weather.If you have long hair, hot weather makes wearing your hair down uncomfortable and sweaty. Remedy this problem by styling it into a bun or ponytail. If you have short hair, you can style it as you normally would or tie or pin it back to keep it away from your face. By tying or styling your hair up and away from your face, you will be able to keep your hair getting sweaty or getting messed up during the concert.
Pick an outfit that is stylish but will keep you warm.For fall or winter outdoor concerts, you will want to dress in layers. You can pair a flannel shirt with a down vest or a bomber jacket with a long sleeve t-shirt. If you are opting for comfort as well as warmth, wear a sweatshirt with a pair of jeans and your favorite pair of sneakers.
Choose an outfit that will keep you cool.Summer concerts great time to break out your cute summer clothes. Opt for a pair of high-waisted shorts with one of your favorite band shirts. For a trendier look, wear a crop top with your shorts. You could also choose to wear a tank top to keep you cool yet stylish, or perhaps a cute sundress you’ve been excited to wear somewhere.
- Wear light-colored fabrics, which will reflect the sun, thereby keeping you a bit cooler.
Wear comfortable shoes.Unless you will be sitting the entire time, it won’t be comfortable or practical to wear a pair of high heels to an outdoor concert. You may have to walk up or down a hill in the grass if you will be in the lawn seating of an amphitheater. Most people will be using this time to relax and let loose with friends; you should let your shoe choice reflect this. Choose a pair of comfortable sandals, flats, or boots (depending on the temperature outside) to keep your feet comfortable and ready to dance at a moment’s notice!
QuestionWhat about a recorder concert?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe type of concert is irrelevant. This article applies to any concert.Thanks!
- Use a setting spray to set your makeup. Setting sprays can be purchased at Sephora. A popular brand is Urban Decay, which can be purchased at either Ulta or Sephora.
- If it's an outdoor concert wear bug spray and sunscreen.
Video: What to wear to a CONCERT
How to Adopt Habits to Improve Your Personal Finances
How to Get the Best Enchantment in Minecraft
The Problems Faced By Every House Husbands in Hindi
Victoria Beckham Refuses Developers Beckingham Palace
Listen To Your Kids - Carefully - Before You Call Your Ex
5 Healthy Foods on a Stick
2014 Ombre Hairstyles: Medium Hair Styles with Bangs
7 Foods With More Protein Than A Chicken Breast
Free speech or die: Portland knife attacker claims self-defense
12 Chic Bodysuits Made for WorkingOut
Garlicky Fiesta Shrimp
TuesdayShoesday: Snake-Print Boots Are Having a Moment
10 Fast Facts About Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos