At Home Spa/Pamper Session
How to Pamper Yourself
Pampering yourself can include a wide range of activities, all of which should be tailored towards making you feel happy and relaxed. Whether you are pampering your body, mind, or heart, sit back and relax. When you are pampered, you enjoy being it.
Pampering Your Body
Have a spa day.For a very luxurious day, head to a spa where you can rest, relax, and rejuvenate. Spas often have hot tubs and cold plunges where you can soak and bubble, but also offer services like massages and facials..
- Alternatively, you could set up your own spa at home. Click here to learn how to give yourself a facial and click here to learn how to give yourself a relaxing massage.
Soak in a hot bath.Soaking in a hot bath can be both peaceful and rejuvenating. Draw a hot, steaming bath for yourself and add some bubble bath, bath salts, or essential oils to give your tub an added touch of luxury.
- To make your bath even more relaxing, light some candles and put on some of your favorite music. Don’t forget to pour yourself a cold glass of water (or wine) to bring into the bathroom with you.
Give yourself a manicure and pedicure.After you have soaked in the tub, break out the polish and toe dividers and paint your nails a funky color (or a darker color if that’s more your thing). Or, take it one step further and give yourself a French manicure.
- Alternatively, you could go to the salon to get your nails done.
Try aromatherapy.Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add some essential oil (the scent is up to you) to the boiling water. Once the water is steaming, remove the pot from the stove, place a towel over your head and the pot, and breathe in the scented steam. Scents that may help you to relax include:
Practice restorative yoga.Restorative yoga classes can help you to stretch away the tightness and kinks in your muscles. These postures aim to make you feel calm and balanced while also giving your muscles a gentle stretch.
- Run an online search to find restorative yoga classes near you.
Indulge in a treat you wouldn’t normally buy.This does not necessarily need to be food, but instead could be tickets to that band’s show that you’ve been wanting to see. Of course, the treat could also be a cupcake filled with custard, but that decision is up to you.
Buy yourself some new clothes.Go on a shopping spree and outfit yourself in a new wardrobe (or at least a new outfit). Part of pampering your body is wrapping it up in comfortable, lovely clothes.
- If you don’t feel like going on a shopping spree, you could also spend some time simply trying on your fanciest outfits you haven’t worn in awhile, or going through your clothes and picking out some to sell so that you can go on a shopping spree in the future.
Do a hobby that you often don’t have time for.Have you been meaning to finally try that linoleum carving kit you bought? Maybe half of your garden has gone to seed, or you have a mountain that you’ve been meaning to climb. Whatever your hobby may be, set aside some time to pamper yourself by doing that hobby.
Pampering Your Mind
Put on some comfy clothes and read.Get into your comfiest pajamas and wrap yourself in your softest robe. Sit in your favorite chair and pick up that book you’ve been halfway through for the last three months and finally let yourself relax and read.
- If books aren’t really your thing, pick up your favorite magazine, newspaper, or blog and catch up on some lit.
Curl up and watch an engaging movie.When pampering yourself, you don’t have to ask anyone’s opinion on what to watch, or argue with anyone about your pick. Instead, watch the movie you’ve been wanting to watch for ages that keeps getting vetoed by your partner or family.
- Watch a chick-flick without guilt, or a documentary without being afraid you’re going to bore your friends. This day is all about you after all.
Try meditating.Meditation is about releasing your worries and allowing yourself to mentally decompress. Find a quiet, calm place, sit down, and close your eyes. Focus on your breathing and let your worries float away from you.
Consider your goals.Thinking about the things that you are really passionate about can often get swept aside in the madness of the present. When pampering yourself, set aside sometime to consider your life and what you hope to attain.
- Create a bucket list, or revisit a past bucket list that you made and consider how your goals have changed (if, indeed, they have).
Practice some self love.Look in the mirror and list everything about yourself that you love. Tell yourself that you are amazing, and that you deserve to be loved. Think of the things you have accomplished, and the experiences you have had.
- At the same time, consider the things you would like to improve, without thinking negatively about those things. For example, instead of thinking ‘I suck at managing my time”, tell yourself, “I am going to work harder to manage my time well”, and go buy yourself a fantastic organizer.
Pampering Your Heart
Spend time with people you love.If you have been working a lot, or have been very busy, set aside some time to pamper your heart by making plans with the people you love. Plan a day of activities, or simply decide to go see a movie with some friends.
- When you surround yourself with people you love, you may find that you are more relaxed and happy.
Plan a getaway for you and your partner.Pampering yourself can also involve pampering your partner. Spend some time planning a getaway for you and your beloved. It doesn’t mean that you need to go far; simply scheduling a day trip could be a great way to pamper yourself.
- Consider booking a hotel for a night for a change of scenery, or driving to the beach or a lake.
Play with an animal that you love.People are not the only creatures that can make you feel loved. Spend some quality time with your pet to pamper yourself emotionally. Go for a walk with your, curl up and watch a movie with your cat, or ride your horse on a wooded trail.
- If you don’t have a pet, consider volunteering at an animal shelter. You may just end up with a pet when the day is done.
Call a friend you haven’t talked to in awhile.Catching up with a dear friend can also be a great way to pamper yourself emotionally.
- You could even plan a skype date with your friend, so that you could giggle together no matter where in the world the both of you are.
QuestionHow do I improve my skin?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerHot showers can help cleanse your pores. If needed, use an in-shower acne treatment and be sure to moisturize after showering. For more serious concerns, you might try a visit to a dermatologist.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I pamper myself if I am a kid?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThink about what you enjoy doing. Perhaps you like sports, dancing, spa treatments, or simply jumping around.Thanks!
QuestionHow should I treat my skin after getting out of the shower?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWhen you get out of the shower (with warm water) your pores open up. Treat your face with a nice refreshing cucumber mask and let that settle for about 20 minutes. You should feel refreshed and will be free of acne.Thanks!
QuestionWhat natural product is good for oily skin in summer?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAs a woman with a very oily face, I find that it's best not to put much on your face. Wash it gently once a day, apply a light lotion at night, and leave it be. Blotting papers (or a kleenex) are good to keep around for touching up during the day. Drink lots of water. I also steam my face about once a week—it clears your pores and allows anything you do apply to be more effective.Thanks!
QuestionIs it a good idea to put coconut oil on my face to pamper myself?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes! I suggest reading through wikiHow's article on to get an idea of how coconut oil can help your face.Thanks!
How do you make a face mask at home?
- Make sure you are either alone in the house or with not many people as if there is a lot of people in your house they could disturb you and make a lot of noise when you are trying to relax.
- Always be sure to wash you face every morning and before you go to bed to prevent acne.
- Go to bed early and pamper yourself by catching up on some much needed sleep.
- Dance to your favorite music in the privacy of your own home—or on the dance floor!
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Français: , Deutsch: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , Čeština:
Video: My Pamper Routine! I Need A ME Day
Its a Mad Men Wedding, Yall
Instagram Models Are Driving Luxury Hotels Crazy
Top 12 waiver-wire pickups for Week 8 of fantasy football
How to Make Cloud Slime
Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sundaes
How to Get Rid of Heel Spurs
Video Exclusive The Making Of the September Cover
Russias Conspirancy Against the White Helmets
Inside the Panda Express test kitchen
How to Trace Your Ancient Ancestry Through DNA Sampling
Having no legs wasn’t going to stop this Paralympic powerlifter