HOW TO READ YOUR OWN PALM LINES
How to Read Palms
Palm reading, otherwise known as palmistry or chiromancy, is something that's practiced all over the world. It has its roots in Indian astrology and Roman fortune-telling.The objective is to evaluate a person's character or future by studying the palm of their hand. Whether you're an aspiring palm reader or you're just looking for a fun way to pass the time and impress your friends, even you can learn to gain insight just by holding someone's hand.
Deciphering the Lines
Choose a hand.In palmistry, it is thought that:
- For females, the right hand is what you're born with, and left is what you've accumulated throughout your life.
- For males, it is the other way around. The left hand is what you're born with, and the right is what you've accumulated throughout your life.
- That being said, you can also choose whichever hand is dominant to be your present/past life hand (the non-dominant hand would then be your future life hand).
- There are different schools of thought on the matter. Some say the left-hand shows potential and what could be -- not necessarily what will be. And a difference in the hands could mean one is or is about to take action when it comes to their lives, changing it.
Identify the four major lines.There may be breaks in them or they may be short, but at least three of them are there.
- (1) The heart line
- (2) The head line
- (3) The life line
- (4) The fate line (only some people have this).
Interpret the heart line.This line can be read in either direction (from the pinkie finger to the index finger or vice versa) depending on the tradition being followed. It's believed to indicate emotional stability, romantic perspectives, depression, and cardiac health. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- Begins below the index finger - content with love life
- Begins below the middle finger - selfish when it comes to love
- Begins in the middle - falls in love easily
- Straight and short - less interest in romance
- Touches life line - heart is broken easily
- Long and curvy - freely expresses emotions and feelings
- Straight and parallel to the head line - good handle on emotions
- Wavy - many relationships and lovers, absence of serious relationships
- Circle on the line - sadness or depression
- Broken line - emotional trauma
- Smaller lines crossing through heart line - emotional trauma
Examine the head line.This represents a person's learning style, communication approach, intellectualism, and thirst for knowledge. A curved line is associated with creativity and spontaneity, while a straight line is linked with practicality and a structured approach. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- Short line - prefers physical achievements over mental ones
- Curved, sloping line - creativity
- Separated from life line - adventure, enthusiasm for life
- Wavy line - short attention span
- Deep, long line - thinking is clear and focused
- Straight line - thinks realistically
- Donuts or cross in head line - emotional crisis
- Broken head line - inconsistencies in thought
- Multiple crosses through head line - momentous decisions.
Evaluate the life line.This begins near the thumb and travels in an arc towards the wrist. It reflects physical health, general well-being, and major life changes (for example, cataclysmic events, physical injuries, and relocation). Its length isnotassociated with length of life. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- Runs close to thumb - often tired
- Curvy - plenty of energy
- Long, deep - vitality
- Short and shallow - manipulated by others
- Swoops around in a semicircle - strength, and enthusiasm
- Straight and close to the edge of the palm - cautious when it comes to relationships
- Multiple life lines - extra vitality
- Circle in line indicates - hospitalized or injured
- Break - sudden change in lifestyle
Study the fate line.This is also known as the line of destiny, and it indicates the degree to which a person's life is affected by external circumstances beyond their control. It begins at the base of the palm. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- Deep line - strongly controlled by fate
- Breaks and changes of direction - prone to many changes in life from external forces
- Starts joined to life line - self-made individual; develops aspirations early on
- Joins with the life line around in the middle - signifies a point at which one's interests must be surrendered to those of others
- Starts at base of the thumb and crosses life line - support offered by family and friends.
Interpreting the Hands, Fingers, etc.
Determine the hand shape.Each hand shape is associated with certain character traits. The length of the palm is measured from the wrist to the bottom of the fingers. The basic interpretations are as follows:
Earth- broad, square palms and fingers, thick or coarse skin, and ruddy color; length of the palm equals length of fingers
- Solid values and energy, sometimes stubborn
- Practical and responsible, sometimes materialistic
- Work with their hands, comfortable with the tangible
Air- square or rectangular palms with long fingers and sometimes protruding knuckles, low-set thumbs, and dry skin; length of the palm less than length of fingers
- Sociable, talkative and witty
- Can be shallow, spiteful and cold
- Comfortable with the mental and the intangible
- Does things in different and radical ways
Water- long, sometimes oval-shaped palm, with long, flexible, conical fingers; length of the palm equals the length of fingers but is less than the width across the widest part of the palm.
- Creative, perceptive and sympathetic
- Can be moody, emotional and inhibited
- Do things quietly and intuitively.
Fire- square or rectangular palm, flushed or pink skin, and shorter fingers; length of the palm is greater than length of fingers
- Spontaneous, enthusiastic and optimistic
- Sometimes egoistic, impulsive and insensitive
- Do things boldly and instinctively.
- Earth- broad, square palms and fingers, thick or coarse skin, and ruddy color; length of the palm equals length of fingers
Look at the mounts.That's what the fleshy bit below your fingers are called, on the opposite side of your knuckle. To make them visible, cup your hand just a bit. Which one is the largest?
- A high Venus mount (the one under your thumb) indicates a predisposition for hedonism, promiscuity, and the need for instant gratification. A non-existent Venus mount indicates little interest in family matters.
- The mount under your index finger is called the Jupiter mount. If this is well-developed, it means you are dominant, possibly self-centered, and aggressive. A lack of one means you lack confidence.
- Under your middle finger is the Saturn mount. A high mount shows you're stubborn, cynical, and prone to depression. If it is low, it's an indicator of superficiality and disorganization.
- The Sun mount is under your ring finger. You're quick-tempered, extravagant, and prideful if you have a high Sun mount. A low Sun mount means you lack imagination.
- The Mercury mount is under your pinkie. If it's protruding, you talk too much. A low mount means the opposite -- you're shy.
- None of this is based on science. And your hands are known to change throughout time. Don't take any of it too seriously!
Examine the hand and finger size.Relative to the size of the body, some say that small hands are active and don't dwell on thinking about what to do. Large hands are on those who are contemplative and slow to action.
- Remember, this isrelative to the body. If you're 8 feet (2.4 m) tall (2.4 m), you're going to have bigger hands than a 4-year-old. It's all proportional.
- What's more, long fingers may be an indicator of anxiety, in addition to being well-mannered, good-looking, and delicate. Short fingers are found on those who are impatient, highly-sexed, and creative.
- Long fingernails, on the other hand, mean you're kind and a good secret-keeper. Short fingernails mean you're critical and sarcastic. If they're almond-shaped, you're sweet and diplomatic.
QuestionWhat does it mean if my fate line is absent?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt means you will shape your own future. Your fate is not predetermined.Thanks!
QuestionIf you are selfish when it comes to love, what does that mean?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe term means that whenever a situation occurs which involves you and someone you love, you will always put yourself ahead of the other person. You want to receive a lot of love, but you don't necessarily want to give love.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does it mean to be strongly ruled by fate?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt means that many of the things that happen in your life are out of your control. Bigger forces than your own will are at work.Thanks!
QuestionHow I will I know when I will get my lover?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTrust your heart.Thanks!
QuestionHow do you tell if you are going to have children?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFind your child line. Make a fist with your right hand. Look on the outer side of your hand, near the pinky. The number of lines you have will be the number of children you produce (the line connecting the finger to the hand does not count as a child line). Of course, personal choice, birth control and success or failure to hitch up with someone will also have more concrete reasons to do with how many children you end up having.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I know if I am going to fall in love?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou feel butterflies in your stomach. It's not certain what you feel this has to do with reading palms but stroking the palm of a loved one does wonders for turning them mushy.Thanks!
QuestionShould every palm have all the lines?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMost people can match most of the lines described here, but it's common to be missing one, or to have a network of lines that doesn't match perfectly. There are many different interpretations for what this means. Don't fall into the trap of trying to convince yourself that your palm matches what the palm reader says, if it's clearly different than this diagram.Thanks!
QuestionIs this based on science, or is it a form of fortune telling?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere is no scientific evidence for palmistry. It has its roots in many traditions found across Asia and the Middle East, as well as later resurgences in Europe.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does it mean if I have a broken fate line?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBreaks usually mean changes of direction - you may be prone to many changes in life from external forces.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if there is a deep heart line but no marriage line?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMarriage is a legal concept, not a palmistry one. The "marriage" line is considered to show the capability for close emotional connections in other schools of training.Thanks!
What line in the marriage line?
What if I have a straight simian line?
Is there any clues to your future fair in your Palm?
To read palms, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the 3 major lines that are on everyone's palms. The heart line, which deals with love and emotions, is the horizontal line that runs from just below the index finger to the pinky. The head line, which represents intelligence and learning, is the line that runs directly below the heart line. Finally, the life line, which reflects health and life changes, is the line that runs from in between the thumb and pointer finger to the bottom of the palm.
- Accept that palm reading is not always accurate. The fate of your life and your decisions should not be influenced by fortune-telling; rather, your own efforts and fortitude are what really help you to succeed in life.
- Don't believe everything. You can make your own decision, no matter what.
- Don't judge others while reading their palms!
- Don't concern yourself with the thinner and shallower lines. Only follow the main four that are deepest. Getting involved with the other lines could lead to unwanted confusion. Leave these lines for a professional.
- Find your child line. Make a fist with your right hand. Look on the outer side of your hand, near the pinky. The number of lines you have will be the number of children you produce (the line connecting the finger to the hand does not count as a child line). Of course, personal choice, birth control and success or failure to hitch up with someone will also have more concrete reasons to do with how many children you end up having.
- Make sure the lighting in the area you are planning to read palms is good because trying to do it in the dark makes it difficult to get a good read.
- Note the texture of the hand, front and back. Soft hands signify sensitivity and refinement, while rough hands signify a coarse temperament.
- Since palm lines change as you progress through life, palm reading is seen by many as an opportunity to reveal what's already happened, but not as a way of predicting the future.
- The deeper the fate line (if you have one) is a good estimate of how long you live.
- Don't read other people's palms when your not supposed to because it can influence your own fortune.
- If you're going to do read someone else's palms, keep it light. Don't make any dark predictions that will make people worry about their lives; you're no more "in-the-know" than any other person is. No-one is really confident about palm reading, so don't make predictions that influence others to harm themselves in any way or ruin their lives.
- Remember that palm reading is for entertainment purposes and there is no substantiated evidence of a correlation between palm features and psychological traits.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Français: , Español: , Português: , Deutsch: , Italiano: , Nederlands: , Русский: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Čeština: , العربية: , हिन्दी: , ไทย: , 日本語: , Tiếng Việt: , 한국어:
Video: How to Read Palms
Do You REALLY Need More Friends
3 Ways to Hug a Guy
Dream Angels Demi Bra
A no-deal Brexit could see Britain run out of food within days
12 Ways to Save Big at Target, T.J.Maxx, Costco, and More
Beyoncé Is Rumored to Headline at Coachella
How to Celebrate Guy Fawkes Day
Keto Snacks: 9 Low-Carb Snacks to Buy on Amazon
How to Brief a Law Case
7 Things You Should Never Have in Your Bed—Ever
Should You Join a Hepatitis C Support Group
What Is a Heart Scan
McNeil Expands Odor-Related Recall of Medicines