Turkey Wing Gravy Recipe -- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy for Thanksgiving
Make-Ahead Basic Turkey Gravy
Jan 1, 2012
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 10
Total Time: 3 hours 0
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. You'll need a large roasting pan, a 5- to 6-quart pot and a 3-quart saucepan.
- Put wings in a single layer in pan; scatter onions on top. Roast 1 1/4 hours or until wings are browned.
- Put wings and onions in pot. Add water to roasting pan; stir to scrape up any brown bits on bottom. Add to pot. Add 6 cups broth (refrigerate remaining 2 cups), the carrots, and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove wings. When cool, pull off skin and meat. Discard skin; save meat for another use.
- Strain broth into saucepan; skim fat off broth.
- Whisk flour into remaining 2 cups broth until well blended and smooth.
- Bring broth in saucepan to a gentle boil. Whisk in flour mixture; boil 5 minutes to thicken gravy. Stir in butter and pepper.
Video: Basic Turkey Gravy | Thanksgiving Recipes |Martha Stewart
5 Best Styles with Neckbeard
How to Plan a Successful Book Club
14 Lemon Cocktails to Make for Memorial Day
Young Breast Cancer Patients May Preserve Fertility With New Drug
How to Make A Healthy Coffee Creamer
Talking to Your Pets Is a Sign Of Intelligence, According to Science
Roasted Tomato and Vegetable Soup
How to Grow a Pineapple
12 Faux-Fur Stoles That Look Better Than the RealThing
Easy Escapes: Bermuda
Whether you prefer coffee or tea could be determined by your genes
25 Kids Movies Adults Will Actually Enjoy
NYC School Clinics Now Offer Plan B Contraceptives
How To Rock Mini Skirt This Fall
Date: 19.12.2018, 08:48 / Views: 84253